Monday, March 07, 2005

An Open Letter to the Kettle Chips Poeple

Dear Kettle Chips People,

Let me start by saying that I greatly enjoy your chips. They are crunchy and delicious in a way that no other chip on the market can compare. However, I think we need to talk about your "lightly salted" flavor. I appreciate that you offer this option. As someone who enjoys chips, but also like to watch their sodium intake, this flavor makes a nice alternative to the more heavily salted varieties but as I've enjoyed these chips over the years I've noticed something.
It seems to me that every bag of "Lightly Salted" Kettle Chips actually contains the same amount of salt as your other flavors but instead of being evenly distributed throughout the bag, most of the salt will be concentrated on one single chips. I swear to God, every time I'm munching my way through a bag of Lightly Salted Kettle Chips, at some point I will bite down on what tastes like a vaguley potato flavored salt lick. It's gross. It's like going through a Cracker Jack box and finding that the prize is a dead mouse. It totally ruins my enjoyment of your otherwise tasty snack chips.
Please see to this problem ASAP. You're very slowly driving away a loyal customer. Thank you.

No comments: