Friday, September 16, 2005

And Then, What Can We Say? . . .

Not much time for blogging at my new job. I actually have to work and produce results in a timely manner. It's been a long time since I've had that kind of job. Also, my post work social calendar has been pretty full for the last few days. I've gotten progressively less sleep each night this week. I think I'm running on about eight hours for the last two days.

What have I been doing, you ask? Well, last night I went to this bar on Melrose for a hurricane relief fundraiser that a friend had invited me to. It was fun. At midnight there was a burlesque show. I couldn't get a straight answer on whether this was for the fundraiser or just a gimmick that the bar does all the time. The show consisted of three hot girls in lingerie dancing about with fans and feather boas. There was a big opening number, then each girl had a solo dance, and then a big group closer. It was pretty hot. This bar has a big open main floor and then two upstairs areas on either side with big glass walls that look down on the main floor. One girl's solo act was a dance in one of these upstairs areas. It was like she was in some kind of burlesque aquarium. It was a neat use of the space but then she kept mushing her butt against the glass. It doesn't matter how hot you are, or what sort of fancy underthings you have on, mushing your butt against glass just makes me devolve into hysterics. It's HIlarious.

End of the story is that I was at this place until very late, got very little sleep, and yet still managed to almost over sleep this morning. Last night was good times.

No comments: