Thursday, February 08, 2007

Insert Addendum

Just a little addendum to yesterday's post: The keyboard I referred to below is the one attached to the Dell computer I use at work. After posting that entry it occurred to me that I never have the problem of accidentally hitting the "Insert" key on my home computer. "Why is that?" I wondered. When I returned home last night I investigated and realized the answer is simple: At home I use a Mac and the Mac keyboard doesn't have an insert key. Furthermore, the "Help" key that sits in the equivalent position to the Insert key on my Dell keyboard, is spaced far enough away from the delete key that it's much much harder for me to accidentally hit it. So kudos to you, Apple, for your foreword thinking design work in removing stupid, useless keys from our keyboards. You should make one of those Justin Long Mac/PC ads about that.

No comments: