Monday, April 30, 2007

Kansas City

This mall shooting in Kansas City is really weird and freaky. It happened at the mall I most frequented as a teenager. When we talked about going to "the mall" this is the mall we were referring to. I can't even guess how many movies I've seen in that mall or how much money I spent in the arcade that used to be there. I just can't get my head around the idea of people being murdered there. The scariest thing is that Leslie and her sister were in the parking lot of the mall when it happened. They are both fine, thank God, but just the idea of someone I love being that close to something so random and horrible is terrifying.

I don't know why but it especially bothers me that this happened a few weeks past the one year anniversary of Tianyu's death. I'm not saying it's a sign or an omen or that one has anything at all to do with the other, it's just a fact that keeps rattling around my head like a bird stuck in a chimney.

No comments: