Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hobo Matters

I'm always coming to the internet meme parties way too late. Somehow I only just recently discovered John Hodgman's 2005 book The Areas of My Expertise and its list of 700 hobo names, which then inspired this internet project to illustrate all 700 hobos. At this point the project has been finished several times over (pretty impressive) and some of the illustrations are pretty funny.

Funnier still is this recording of john Hodgman reading all 700 hobo names. Possibly my favorite part of this is the background music which consists of guitarist Johnathan Coulton playing "Big Rock Candy Mountain" over and over again in a single, hour-long take. So let's hop in the Way Back Machine a take a listen to what people thought was funny in 2005. Join me, won't you?

No comments: