Friday, August 15, 2008

We Stand on the Edge of a Golden Future

The office I've been in this week has a crazy future urinal in the men's room. Made by Falcon Waterfree Technologies, the F-4000 is a sleek looking sci-fi urinal with no flushing mechanism. There is no flush handel, not even an infrared sensor. This is because the F-4000 uses no running water, thus making it the environmentally friendly urinal of the 21st century. What, exactly, seperates the environmentally friendly urinal of the 21st century from pissing down a drain in the floor, I have no idea.


More than the urinal itself, I am amused by Falcon Waterfree's company logo. Seen below, I think that the logo is supposed to be a falcon's head looming in the background over waves of water in the foreground.

However, since this is a company that makes toilets I can't help but see this image as anything other than a majestic bird of prey submerged neck deep in urine. I can't for the life of me think of why a company would want this to be the image that they project to the rest of the world. What a bunch of weirdies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one terrible logo, and I'm sure someone got paid a lot to do it.

(Sadly, that someone wasn't me.)